Motion Design Director
Local Projects is seeking a Motion Design Director with significant professional experience in executing cutting edge motion design projects. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of leading teams and the creative vision for a variety of interactive media experiences, across differing platforms.
As the head of the Motion Design Department, this creative leader will be responsible for mentoring talent and growing a strong design discipline that works effectively and collaboratively with other creative disciplines within Local Projects.
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in the creative field, including a minimum of 2+ years in a creative leadership role.
- Superior motion design and art direction skills exhibited in an outstanding portfolio.
- A proven track record of both project direction and team management.
- Proficiency in motion design software including the Adobe CC suite and Cinema 4D as well as plug-ins and ideally scripting.
- A strong creative point of view and the ability to be strategic about project direction and creative decisions.
OPPORTUNITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sharing project ownership with Project Managers to efficiently manage client expectations. and ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Working directly with clients, articulating and presenting ideas and solutions.
- Defining the conceptual and production approach on motion-centric projects for linear media, interactive media, and physical environments.
- Directing all projects phases from concept through to completion, including executing content across multiple platforms.
- Working with multidisciplinary teams on content driven assignments.
- Leading the design vision and art direction within a project team throughout the full cycle of a long term project and remaining agile through design pivots.
- Being hands-on with motion design and animation projects from start to finish, including storyboarding, designing styleframes, creating proof-of-concept motion graphics, producing final media files, supervising installation etc.
- Driving experiments, producing fast low-fidelity prototypes for responsive iterations and production planning for later refinement.
- Steering teams towards aspirational solutions, thriving for creative innovation and aesthetic excellence.
- Collaborating with team members from all disciplines, may they be strategists, content developers, UI/UX designers, visual experience designers, architects, creative technologists, or producers.
- Juggling multiple projects, establishing expectations for designers and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Structuring workflows based on advanced technical knowledge on formats, compressions and general file structure organization.
- Assisting in designing and maintaining motion tools & infrastructure.
- Guiding resourcing decisions on motion projects.
- Leading and growing the motion design department.
- Mentoring and and fostering talent through clear direction, constructive and actionable feedback, and passing on knowledge and expertise.
- Driving growth and professional development for motion designers within the department.
- Inspiring with an awareness of contemporary and emerging trends in technology, art and design.
- Thrive within a fast paced creative environment.
GREAT TO HAVE:
- Experience designing digital interfaces (UI) is a huge plus.
- Experience designing motion pieces for physical installations is a plus.
- After Effects scripting or experience with expressions is a huge plus.
7+ Years of Professional Experience--please share portfolio link with motion graphics design elements that show expertise.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!