Local Projects is currently seeking a Project Manager with expertise in creative design management in the realms of interactive experience design and media production to help lead teams that shape the future of museum, corporate and public spaces.
The position requires an understanding of interdisciplinary team management and excellent client management skills. You will work with designers, creative technologists and content developers, leading each project to completion via successful partnership with studio creative directors. Excellent time management, strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple positive client relationships at once are a requirement.
Candidates should have minimum of 4 years relevant management experience taking interactive media and experiential design projects from concept through installation, guiding both the internal team deliverables and the client team. You should have a strong foundation in design processes, client partnerships and project administration standards as well as a high comfort level developing and maintaining budgets and schedules, interfacing with clients, developing project plans and scope writing.
Our projects demand special individuals who can both drive and shadow the creative process, while producing easy to comprehend status reports, presentations and updates for clients and partners. You must be able to lead as well as collaborate, with a emphasis on clear, efficient communication techniques and effective team leadership.
- Client management, forging partnerships and longstanding positive relationships
- Carry projects through to successful completion from concept phase to installation
- Manage 2-3 projects simultaneously
- Daily management of multidisciplinary project team, defining and managing team tasks and deliverables
- Creation of full project scopes of work under supervision of studio executive producer
- Budget management with actuals tracking and reporting
- Schedule creation and coordination, including defining project plans for each discipline with consideration of internal and client dependencies
- Provide and maintain clarity for roles, responsibilities, and deliverables for the team during all phases
- Scope and manage vendors and subcontractors
- Ability to travel
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 4 years experiential and media design project management
- Proven success as a manager and a team-builder among partners, clients and staff
- Proven completion of all design phases (Concept through Production, Installation and Warranty)
- Professional composure and ease working with client executives
- Strong scheduling and time management skills
- Excellent writing, document preparation and presentation skills
- Experience leading multiple projects at one time and comfortable with a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- Superior communication skills with excellent interpersonal poise
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Drive/Mail/Docs, Keynote