Museum Exhibition Writer
- Local Projects is looking for a temporary Museum Exhibition Script Writer to write exhibition text for a new institution opening in 2019. The writer will work closely with the Content Developer at Local Projects and our client scholars’ group to develop and write exhibition text. The candidate must be a strong and skilled writer, with experience writing engaging and interpretive texts for public or young audiences. The ideal candidate has experience with museum script interpretation and writing, as well as familiarity and/or interest in American Colonial History, Christianity in America or related field.
- Interpret, write, and edit text (gallery introductions, story panels, captions, etc.) for the physical exhibits based on already-developed research and script guidelines.
- Collaborate with Content Developer at Local Projects and client in writing and editing process
- Set and meet writing deadlines
- Offer advice on style, vision, and voice
- Available for 3-5 months, starting end of August or beginning of September 2017
- Experience in museum text writing or editorial writing for young / diverse audiences
- Able to write in engaging, interpretive, and accessible style
- Meticulous grammar, punctuation, and consistency in writing
Upload your photo
Please provide an image in PNG, JPG or JPEG format.