Temporary Public Relations Writer
The Temporary Public Relations Writer generates effective content that engages key stakeholders to learn more about Local Projects’ thought leadership in designing for culture. Local Projects is staking out an industry space in building architecture and media experiences.
The ideal candidate has contributed to published white papers, blogs, articles, and printed materials on design, art, architecture, culture, or technology.
This position will require journalistic skills including interviewing stakeholders, the ability to synthesize complex ideas, ability to weigh opinions against the existing field research. Expertise in optimizing content for diverse publication efforts is a must.
- Excellent writer
- Fluent in english
- Proven ability to meet fast-paced deadlines and juggle multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail resulting in consistent writing accuracy, excellent grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Experience with publishing and pitching articles
- Highly organized
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills: able to work with varied personalities
- Undergraduate degree and/or Masters in english, journalism, communications, or marketing
- At least 2 years of professional writing experience evidenced by provided PR or thought leadership writing samples introducing concepts, ideas or points of view to an audience
- Experience distributing content to media outlets, fulfilling media requests, distribution of content under their requirements -- both in terms of deadlines, formats, etc.
- Working various shifts based on the immediate needs for delivery of content -- interviewing schedules may vary beyond the 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday timelines A passion for arts, culture, and technology