New Business Strategist
The New Business Strategist at Local Projects (LP) is responsible for:
- Fielding and pursuing inbound and outbound inquiries
- Respond to requests for proposals (RFPs) and pitches
- Manage time allocation to new business development and proposals
- Manage clear communication with potential clients through the pitch process
This strategist role reports to and works closely with the Director of New Business Strategy, as well as the Manager of Communications, and the Principal to develop proposal and pitch materials, illustrative case studies, and strategic presentations.
- Roles & ResponsibilitiesGeneral
- Facilitate new and potential client meetings and calls
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the competitive environment
- Maintain a working database of potential projects
- Maintain intake and filing systems
- Lead opportunity assessments
- Outbound email, phone call, and meetings
- Review RFPs and create internal assessment and fulfillment materials
- Coordinate resources across departments to create proposal designs and materials
- Coordinate team brainstorms and larger studio brainstorms
- Coordinate with partners and contractors on proposals
- Coordinate reviews with Director of Business Strategy, Creative Directors, and Project Managers
- Upon award of project, work with selected PM to create Kick-Off presentation for new project, and onboard of LP team members, as well as onboard client to LP process
The ideal candidate forges great client relationships, is masterful at assessing new opportunities that complement and expand our existing client portfolio, and has a proven record in delivering job winning pitch decks and proposals.
A passion for arts, culture, and design is a must. Experience in sales for brand, media, higher education, or cultural organizations. Ability to travel.
Health/Dental, 401k, generous PTO package, TransitChek tax-free subway cards, American Alliance of Museums membership for free access to most NYC museums, as well as memberships to key industry groups for professional development and growth.