New Business Strategist
At Local Projects we thrive on visionary and innovative projects that have high ambitions, especially for societal transformation. We are determined to pursue increasingly challenging and purpose-driven projects.
Our Business Development team lead in identifying and cultivating client relationships. They work to comprehend and interpret the client’s unique needs and goals and collaborate with our multidisciplinary team to launch projects that result in award winning, innovative multimedia installations around the world. If that is inspiring to you then you may be a good fit for our business development team.
We are looking for a high-energy, driven, and experienced Business Development Strategist with natural sales instincts. The ideal candidate forges great client relationships, is masterful at assessing new opportunities that complement and expand our existing client portfolio and has a proven record in delivering job winning pitch decks and proposals.
This strategist role reports to and works closely with the Director of New Business Strategy, as well as the Manager of Communications, and the Principal to develop proposal and pitch materials, illustrative case studies, and strategic presentations.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for arts, culture, and design is a must
- 2+ years’ experience in sales or marketing in any of the following: brands, integrated or digital agency, higher education, cultural organizations
- Exceptional networking and interpersonal skills
- Flawless communication skills - both verbal and written
- Excellent problem-solving and strategic-thinking skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability and appetite to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter attitude, ability to exercise judgment without direct supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Keynote
- Ability to travel
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Field and pursue inbound and outbound inquiries
- Respond to requests for proposals (RFPs) and pitches
- Manage time allocation to new business development and proposals
- Manage clear communication with potential clients through the pitch process
- Facilitate new and potential client meetings and calls
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the competitive environment
- Maintain a working database of potential projects
- Help build and optimize processes within the business development team
Fulfillment of Proposal Process
- Lead opportunity assessments
- Outbound email, phone calls, and meetings
- Review RFPs and create internal assessment and fulfillment materials
- Coordinate resources across departments to create proposal designs and materials
- Coordinate team brainstorms and larger studio brainstorms
- Coordinate with partners and contractors on proposals
- Coordinate reviews with Director of Business Strategy, Creative Directors, and Project Managers
- Upon awarding of project, work with Project Manager to create Kick-Off presentation and onboard of LP team members, as well as onboard client to LP process
Please include a cover letter with your reply.
Health/Dental/Vision, 401k, generous PTO package, Commuter Transit Benefits, American Alliance of Museums membership, as well as memberships to key industry groups for professional development and growth.