BUILD AND NURTURE CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS
We are looking for a Project Director at Local Projects who has at least 5-8 years of experience leading multidisciplinary project teams in bringing large scale media, interactive projects in physical space to life.
The Project Director helps to teach best practices to other Project Management team members.
This director has competently led the management of large complex accounts/clients on long term projects (year +) that span multiple design disciplines. The right candidate has scoped projects at this level, managed pivots in creative direction, kept teams on target with creative deliverables, against client agreed milestones, rendering final project on time and under budget.
HIGH LEVEL CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Within client structures actively identify key stakeholders at the client office/headquarters and keep them apprised of ongoing project status -- clear project scope, milestone deadline coordination, status updates, manage all pivots etc.
- Get their overall impressions, concerns and celebration moments as relates to ongoing projects. Communicate these to the teams and to Project Management Directors and LP leadership (Managing Director, etc.), Principal.
- Re-scope timelines and budgets based on Creative Direction changes from team side, client changes in direction/scope/budget, and team challenges, accelerated deliverables etc.
- Identify auxiliary stakeholders within the client who may be leads for new projects or influencers for future decision making. Keep Studio Principal and Executive Producer/Strategy/New Business apprised so LP knows the flow of future projects that may come into LP.
- Actively nurture the relationships at the client level to stay ahead of concerns, changes in overall client direction, so we’re ahead of the curve in directing projects.
- Go on pitches on occasion with the Studio Principal or with a Senior Strategist to help win business.
- Clear and transparent proactive communication with project teams
- Daily management of the LP project team assigned to carry project through to successful completion from kickoff to installation doing the full range of Project Management duties
- Management of LP subcontractors (including for example, Design, Development, Content, Hardware, Physical Design and Fabrication)
- Contract draft review (with Managing Director and/or LP Legal Counsel)
- Creation of full scopes of work (Local Projects Contracts)
- Creation of vendor or temporary employee scopes of work
- Budget creation and actuals tracking and reporting (especially in 10K—current system)
- Support in bringing on Temporary Staff as needed for the project(s)
- Schedule creation and coordination for internal and client meetings
- Create clarity for team for all phases of design direction provided by Studio Principal and Creative Director(s)
- Coordinates with team members to create time estimates and expectations for all staff on a project
- Clear communication with team about meeting agendas, follow up actions, team direction/goals, internal and client deadlines, priorities, and boundaries
COLLABORATE WITH OTHER PROJECT MANAGERS ON TEAM LEADERSHIP
- Mentor and train other Project Managers on best practices for Project Management
At least 5-8 years of experience leading teams as a Senior Project Manager at the highest competence, who can help teach best practices to other team members, who has competently led the management of large complex accounts/clients on long term projects (year +) that span multiple design disciplines. The right candidate has scoped projects at this level, managed pivots in creative direction, kept teams on target with creative deliverables, against client agreed milestones, rendering final project on time and under budget.
End of year merit bonus, 401k match, Health/Dental, Paid Time Off, December 25 through January 1 off each year